Taking your float to the next level!
Looking to take your floatation therapy experience to the next level? Here are seven tips to help you enhance your float:
1. Prepare yourself mentally: Before stepping foot in the cabin, take some time to prepare yourself mentally. Set an intention for your float - relaxation, working through a problem, or breathwork. Then, take a few stretches and deep breaths.
2. Think comfort: Create a float bag with items you feel you need post float - ear plugs, brush, deodorant, face lotion, hair turban, etc. Once in the float, adjust the lighting and music to your liking, take a deep breath, and relax your body into the water.
3. Eat and Drink in moderation: Eating a heavy meal before your float can make you uncomfortable and disrupt your experience. Being so hungry that your stomach growls the entire float is distracting, and consuming caffeine before floating can inhibit your relaxation.
4. Try different positions: Be bold and experiment with positioning inside the float. Find what works best for you and your body, and know each float is unique. A word of caution, while experimenting, remember the cardinal rule of floating - don't get the solution in your eyes - a serious buzzkill!
5. Use earplugs: Well-fitting, comfortable earplugs can help you block out any external noise and fully immerse yourself in the experience.
6. Focus: If you use the float to enrich your meditation practice, pick a focal point. It can be your breathing, heartbeat rhythm, preselected mantra, or anything else that works for you. Focusing can help you relax and enter a deeper state of relaxation.
7. Take your time: Don't rush the experience. Avoid scheduling an event right after a float or squeeze your float between appointments. Give yourself the gift of leisurely time.